IRCC now accepting online citizenship application via e-app
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has launched a new online citizenship application (e-app) for “some randomly selected applicants”.
Currently, you can submit an online citizenship application only if:
- you meet the eligibility requirements for Canadian citizenship
- you have a valid email address
- you are between 18 to 54 years of age when you submit their online application
- you are applying for yourself only (not with your family)
- you do not have a representative
- in your physical presence calculation, you do not include time spent outside Canada as a Crown servant or family member of a Crown servant
If you do not meet the criteria above, you can only apply on paper at this time.
As the e-app becomes available to more applicants, IRCC plans to invite the following groups next:
- adults 55 years of age and above
- minors (under 18 years of age)
- applicants applying as a family
- applicants applying with a representative
For more information on Canadian citizenship and the application process, call Azzi Law to book your consultation today.